Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sentence Composing

We are only a few lessons into Sentence Composing but already I can say that I really like it. We are practicing our grammar skills from MCT to analyze the model sentences and using that to unscramble the imitation sentences. Our current lesson now has us writing our own sentence in imitation of the model sentence. Mr. I, Mr. A and I did this together by first coming up with a subject and verb. Then we added in the other components. I have to say I am impressed by what they wrote.

Based on the model sentence
They parted the bushes on the bank and peered out over the water.
from Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, the boys wrote
The giraffes ate leaves from a tree and walked over the savannah.

Photobucket

Today we will continue the exercise (we split it into two days - I'm aiming for quality and not necessarily quantity). The model sentences are a bit more complex, but I have faith that the boys will have some good imitations from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment