Thursday, August 27, 2009

"First" day of not going to school ;)

So, today was my husband's first day back at work (he teaches ironically), and though we homeschool year round (the boys definitely do better with more consistency than less), today is technically our first day back at homeschooling without an extra hand or two to help. That is, except two of my homeschoolers are missing. The two older boys (8 and 5 1/2) spent the night at Grandma's and Grandpa's house last night, so my three year old and I hung out together. We didn't do much - after an insanely unusually mild summer, the heat decided to kick in with today registering over 100 degrees. We did get to the local teacher's supply store to buy some art and craft supplies. We also read a book on bugs to see if it told us much about wasps or black carpenter bees. So, I suppose you could say some learning happened even if it were a rather small class. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great first day not back to school!

    I think it's so great that you've had a mild Summer. It's been hot all Summer long in my neck of the woods. Ick. I'm not one that "does" heat very well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do heat well at all, and the last two weeks have been what we should have had during July and August (first hot and dry and then hot and humid). Soon enough though cool weather will come and we'll be wishing it was warm again.

    ReplyDelete